Saturday 26 January 2013

Big Garden Birdwatch

As usual I took part in the RSPB's Big Garden Birdwatch this morning, and as usual the birds failed to co-operate in the allotted hour.

My stunning results were:

Blackbird 1
Blue Tit 2
Robin 1
House Sparrow 4

This was in spite of there being plenty of food out for them. The usual hard luck stories ensued; the Fieldfare which Lyn has been seeing all week put in a brief appearance but failed to return during the hour, and even more annoyingly, two Long-tailed Tits feeding on the tree just beyond the garden visited two minutes after the hour was up.

I noticed that psycho the Blue Tit has decided to waste another year of his life attacking his reflection in a window of the house just beyond our garden. No doubt he will carry on all spring as he did last year. Stupid bird.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad it's not just me that this happens too! Every year on the Garden Birdwatch there are considerably fewer birds visiting!

    At the moment I have 2 ♀ Blackcaps, a Coal tit and a Fieldfare visiting daily but I can almost gaurantee that when I do my alloted hour tomorrow morning there will be naff all!

    Ha the joy of birds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jason

    Not sure if my original reply got sent. Good luck with the knee, and I'm envious of your Blackcaps, as we struggle to get any in my garden.

    That was the gist.

    Richard

    ReplyDelete