Wednesday 10 April 2013

Camera Blues

On Tuesday my camera was returned to me by Nikon fully repaired, they said. Indeed my first shot seemed to confirm that all was well.

Tonight I set out for the patch determined to photograph something. The Flashes were very quiet. The two Green Sandpipers were too distant to be worth snapping, so I resorted to getting shots of a pair of Tufted Ducks on the main pool.

Two Tufted Ducks and a Coot
So far so good.

Then on viewing the images on the camera the screen went black and I got a troubling message; file contains no image data. The upshot was that I got six or seven perfectly acceptable images, and two which looked like the vertical hold problem you used to get on an old analogue TV.

As for the birds, there were still plenty of winter Thrushes; 70 Fieldfares and 26 Redwings, while a couple of Chiffchaffs called invisibly from the trees. A Greylag Goose is sitting on a nest on the island, and I heard a Tawny Owl calling from within its tree hollow.

It could be back to the drawings next weekend though.

No comments:

Post a Comment