Wednesday 15 May 2013

Wednesday May 15

Yeah, I guess I should have gone. I wouldn't have got there much before 7pm, and of course there was no way the Great Reed Warbler would resume its migration on a cold wet filthy night. Unfortunately the GRW hadn't heard that, and duly left.

Today was National Sanderling day, or so it seemed. Even Earlswood had one. But after tramping round with a little friend I was unable to shake off, I failed to see anything better than three Swifts and a Little Ringed Plover.

My four-legged friend
At least the dog enjoyed the walk. More so than the local Hares who had a bit of a work out.

John texted from Haselor scrape, where he was knee deep in Lapwing chicks (10) and had also seen Redshank, Shelduck and Common Sandpiper. I went anyway, and saw all the above plus Little Ringed Plover and three Tufted Ducks swimming in two-inches of water.

My future patch extension?
I think this place will definitely get a decent bird before the year is out. (That should put the kybosh on it).

No comments:

Post a Comment