Sunday 15 September 2013

Sunday Sept 15

We waved our friends goodbye at about 11.00am, and with one eye on the weather I set about the continuation of a little project relating to a wooden sculpture of a Teal created by Geoffrey Brown, our friend in Abergavenny, which he had given us when we visited him last month. This basically involved painting it in acrylics. I may continue to work on it, but this is it so far.


By 2.30 pm the rain had still not really arrived, although it was blowing a gale, and I decided on a quick dash down to Morton Bagot.

Wild weather never produces anything on the patch, but you always hope that one day it will. Sadly this afternoon all I gained were extra Teal (now 72), and 34 Lapwings. There was no sign of either the Little Egret or the Wigeon, while I could only see 10 Snipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment