Tuesday 2 September 2014

Monday September 1

Having taken the day off work for non-birding reasons, I nevertheless found time for a quick dash to the patch in mid afternoon.

I don't know why I bothered. There was a small increase in Teal (51), Canada Geese (84), and Lapwings (104), and not much else. I could only find five Green Sandpipers, and saw no interesting passerines. I wasn't the only one interested in the birds on the flash though.

Now, how do I get from here without them seeing me?
 Other than the Fox, the only other oddity was an extremely pale Teal-type duck. I have tried to work out its parentage, but I can't come up with anything.

Very pale Teal ?
The visit ended as I stalked around the churchyard thinking what a good place it looked for a Wryneck. Nothing doing of course, apart from a juvenile Green Woodpecker.

No comments:

Post a Comment