Wednesday 15 April 2015

Wednesday April 15

A late afternoon visit in glorious sunshine. For the first time this year I didn't need my wellies.

A stroll down from Church Farm produced Blackcap, Chiffchaff, and Willow Warbler singing. The Flash contained the pair of Redshanks, a Green Sandpiper, seven Teal, and four Mute Swans.

I had a quick look at the pool, seeing a Little Grebe and no Tufted Ducks, which I had intended to sketch. Back at the flash field a couple of Snipe and a pair of adult Black-headed Gulls flew in, and I saw a pair of Starlings again (I also saw them yesterday but forgot to mention them).

Heading back it occurred to me I needed to photograph something. Happily Yellowhammers are always willing to pose.


and today a Swallow was also available for a photo.



1 comment: