Sunday 24 May 2015

Sunday May 24

With rain forecast for the morning, Dave decided to go to Marsh lane GP, while I sat it out at home until about 11.00am when the rain stopped.

So when I finally got out I trudged round under cloudy skies which occasionally parted to allow a little sunshine. Bird-wise it was pretty unexciting. I confirmed the colour-ring number of the female Mute Swan (which Dave had correctly read last week despite having to work it out while the leg remained submerged). I'll post an update when I know where it was ringed.

The Redshanks were getting frisky again at the flashes, and a Little Ringed Plover was still present. A pair of Greylag Geese in the far field has at least two goslings, while five Ravens flying around included adults and recently fledged juveniles. The highlight came at the very end of the visit as a Hobby shot over Netherstead pursued by alarmed hirundines.

Luckily there were a few insects to look at. These included an attractive beetle called Oedemera nobilis. The swollen back legs indicate that it is a male.

Oedemera nobilis
Also a moth called Silver-ground Carpet, which is apparently common. I haven't identified one before though.

Silver-ground Carpet
By the time I was back at the car the clouds were heavier again and it was starting to drizzle. Time to go home.


1 comment:

  1. nice
    http://jellygamatgoldg31.com/obat-varises-herbal-terampuh/

    ReplyDelete