Tuesday 5 May 2015

Tuesday May 5

A day of heavy showers encouraged me to give the patch a chance this evening. The weather was absolutely horrendous at times, the wind increasing to storm force when the showers powered through. Surely something would have been dropped in.

Nope. Well technically yes, but after confirming the Redshank and Teal were still present, I then located two small plovers, which turned out to be Little Ringed Plovers. Then as I headed back past the pool, which never gets waders, I found another Little Ringed Plover there. Cue photo opportunity.

Little Ringed Plover
The only other birds to catch my eye were at least 15 Swallows and a Swift which flew past during the worst of the showers.

When the rain had gone I was left to photograph clouds.

cloud sp (doughnut?)
The birding is pretty desperate when you resort to this sort of thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment