Friday 28 August 2015

Friday August 28

A sunny morning with a slightly too strong south-westerly breeze, and a couple of light showers.

I took the village route, noting a few Chiffchaffs, Whitethroats, and a Blackcap before heading down to the pool. Here a pipit appeared, and flew into the same tree as was occupied by the Tree Pipit a week last Tuesday. Unlike that bird it perched among the willow leaves, and seemed unwilling to settle. It never really looked like a Tree Pipit, but I took some record shots anyway.

Meadow Pipit
It was indeed the first Meadow Pipit of the autumn, a fact further confirmed when it flew off calling.

I continued to the flashes and quickly established that the Common Sandpiper had gone. Instead, I counted 32 Teal, seven Green Sandpipers, nine Snipe, and 26 Lapwings.

The stroll back produced a calling Kingfisher, which I failed to see, and few other birds of note. There was at least a slightly worn Brown Argus to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment