Thursday 8 October 2015

Thursday October 8

Our last full day dawned sunny for once. A light westerly, but I still decided to spend my last morning exploring the fields around the cottage.

Two hours later I was somewhat regretting the decision as very little noteworthy had come to my attention. In fact the best sighting was made as Lyn and I prepared to head for Scarborough for the non-birding part of the day, when a flock of 60 Pink-footed Geese flew noisily south.

Earlier I did at least manage to finally nail a photograph of one of the many Tree Sparrows which inhabit the hedgerows around here.

Tree Sparrow (if only it was at Morton Bagot)
Other than that the bright sunshine was at least good for photography, and I was quite pleased with one of the local Robin singing in the garden.


My next post should be from back at Morton Bagot.

I can hardly wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment