Saturday 6 July 2019

Garden Moths - 5/6 July

The moth trap went out last night and produced an excellent count of 150 moths, although the species total was a more modest 36.

Subject to confirmation from JS I encountered six that were new for the garden as follows; Scarlet Tiger, Elephant Hawk-moth, Leopard Moth, Mottled Beauty, Wormwood Pug, and Lozotaeniodes formosana. As a post-script another Pug I asked JS to identify for me as I wasn't sure what it was has turned out to be a Grey Pug, one I had given consideration to. So that's another new one for the house list.

Scarlet Tiger

Elephant Hawk-moth
Leopard Moth
Mottled Beauty
Wormwood Pug
Lozotaeniodes formosana
Grey Pug Eupithecia subfuscata

There were also plenty new for the year, but I will add them to the year-list page in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment