Sunday 23 December 2018

Sunday December 23

A grey, damp, occasionally drizzly morning.

Bannam's Wood under the low cloud
Given the weather I hadn't anticipated using my camera at all, but inevitably there was just enough to encourage me to do so.

A few thrushes, and a party of 12 Pied Wagtails were the highlights until I reached the Flash field. Here there was a reasonable selection of birds. The Little Egret flew to the furthest Flash, which also held about 60 Canada Geese and three Gadwalls.

The nearest flash contained about 18 Teal, 20 Mallard, a single female Shoveler, a Shelduck, and 19 Lapwings. Quite a bit better than it has been.

Shelduck

Shoveler and Mallard
Lapwings
The gloomy conditions were challenging for the camera. On the walk back I didn't add a great deal extra, but an apparently tail-less Redwing caught my eye.

Redwing

No comments:

Post a Comment