Thursday 7 February 2019

Thursday February 7

A fresh south-westerly with increasingly sunny intervals, but still chilly. At least the ice has gone, allowing some of the wildfowl to return to the flash field. But only Mallard, Teal (16), Greylag and Canada Geese, two Grey Herons, and a pair of Lapwing.

I decided to take the latter as a sign of spring, to which I could later add a singing Skylark.

Roe Deer
Three Roe Deer posed nicely in the ridge field, but apart from one species of bird this was turning out to be a very dull visit.

The saviour was a Barn Owl, which was just visible in an old box. Sorry about the terrible photo, but I didn't want to disturb it.

Barn Owl
I'll probably be surveying Willow Tits in Worcestershire on Sunday, not that I think I'll see any. Google are up to something, and this blog may be affected. Hopefully I'll be posting something again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment