Wednesday 11 March 2020

Wednesday March 11

Mostly cloudy with a few sunny intervals and a light westerly.

My camera was fully charged and I was feeling fully recovered from my tummy bug, so today was much more enjoyable than my last visit.

I didn't see much, but it didn't bother me. The highlight was a party of five Stonechats in the ridge field, a sure sign of early spring.

One of the Stonechats
The Shelducks are still present, and at least nine Teal weaved in and out of the juncus on the nearest flash. Still no waders (other than Lapwings) though.

A Grey Heron flew over at Netherstead, the shot being photo-bombed by a Blue Tit, while two more Grey herons at the flash field included one with the bright orange bill of breeding plumage.

Grey Heron and Blue Tit

Mammals included a Fox and five Hares (sounds like a pub sign), while a few insects were on the wing, including a Honey Bee.

Honey Bee
I'm still waiting for my first butterfly of the year though.

No comments:

Post a Comment