Wednesday 14 October 2020

Wednesday October 14

 I've had a bit of a nightmare this morning. My photos can no longer be put onto my computer owing to me using an ancient machine and Apple doing an upgrade I can't access. Or something. Anyway the solution is in hand, I think, and I should be able to add them at a later date.

What you could have seen was a terribly small image of an adult Common Gull which was a patch year-tick and flew over Netherstead shortly after my arrival. Ironically this was the only gull I saw all morning.

The other year-tick this morning was a Golden Plover, but even I didn't see that. It just called twice up in the blue sky somewhere as it flew over. No other waders were on site as far as I could tell.

At least 91 Lesser Redpolls and 200 Goldfinches were in the area, along with 25 Linnets. A few Stonechats are still in the pool field, but I didn't see more than three.

There was a fair amount of visible migration taking place. At least 60 Redwings, 72 Starlings, a Fieldfare, and 14 Chaffinches all went west.

The flashes contained 10 Shovelers, 12 Teal, two Mallard, and a Grey Heron.

Roe Deer


A Roe Deer posed beautifully for a photo which I can't show off, and I also got a shot of one of two Yellowhammers which were a welcome reminder of their former presence here.

Hopefully normal services will be resumed in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment