Thursday 24 December 2020

Thursday December 24

 With Christmas bearing down on us I have been almost too busy to look at birds. 

Glancing out of the kitchen window has produced regular sightings of a male Blackcap since a pair turned up at the beginning of the month.

This morning I was sent out on the usual last minute errands, one of which was to go the Purity Brewery to get stocked up. Three minutes away was Morgrove Coppice, and I had recently had a Twitter email from AdyG@punkygibbon telling me he had seen a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker there. So I called in for a quick look.

Needless to say I didn't locate the Lesser Spot, but I did find the ringers hard at work.  Whilst we chatted, a Morgrove Coppice tick flew over, a Peregrine. Not especially surprising given the close proximity of Morton Bagot. By the time I got the camera out it was too late to get anything more than a distant silhouette.

Chaffinch

I settled for a female Chaffinch which Leigh held up for me, then bid them a Merry Xmas and headed home.

Have a good one, and stay safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment