Tuesday 26 October 2021

Tuesday October 26 - The perfect antedote

 After a somewhat dull week at Morton Bagot I learnt that there was a rather good bird in Warwick, about 10 miles to the west.

A Hoopoe had taken up residence on a small lawn in front of the IBM building in the county town. Better still, I got the distinct impression that it was very easy to see and could be wheelchair accessible. Time for Lyn to get a British tick. I also contacted Richard B who was due a walk around the patch and suggested the change of plan. He also needed Hoopoe, so was delighted to join us.

Guess what !


Lyn was a bit "tick and run", but I joined dozens of photographers with massive lenses moaning about the poor light to get my own little bit of rarity experience. 




Normal birding will be resumed in due course.

No comments:

Post a Comment