Tuesday 11 April 2023

Tuesday April 11 - Earlswood again

 Following another trip to my sister's to see my mum I took the opportunity to walk around Engine and Terry's Pools in drizzle and a cold westerly wind. Lovely. I seem to be becoming a regular there.

On this occasion I saw just one Common Tern, about 60 Sand Martins and about 50 Swallows plus three or four House Martins. The Marsh Tit put in an appearance at the stump, and I took an opportunity to get a shot of a singing Willow Warbler.

 Willow Warbler

Two other birders were on site, John and Joe, and they alerted me to the presence of a third -winter Yellow-legged Gull which I saw in flight but didn't attempt to photograph.

It seems that grotty weather doesn't always produce the goods at Earlswood.

No comments:

Post a Comment