Wednesday 8 July 2020

Wednesday July 8

I have to admit to a degree of midsummer birding apathy this week. Until today the wind, cloud and rain have put me off.  Indeed it took me until early afternoon to finally convince myself, with the wind having dropped and muggy overcast conditions prevailing, it might actually be worth the effort.

So I parked at the church and did the shortened circuit aimed principally at checking out the flash field. And I have to say it looks quite good.


The only issue being that the 25 Lapwings present were not accompanied by anything new and exciting. Having said that, I counted five Green Sandpipers and four Teal, an improvement on the weekend.

Most of the usual warblers were present and I spent an inordinate amount of time trying to get a clear shot of an agitated Sedge Warbler before finally giving up and heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment