Friday 10 May 2019

Friday May 10

After one or two heavy showers during the afternoon, I couldn't resist an early evening visit. The sun was out and the wind was a very light westerly.

To be fair I probably needed a reality check after the excitement of the last few visits. It was very much back to normal. Three Little Ringed Plovers remain in the flash field, and I suspected one of the Lapwings could be brooding chicks.

The drake Mandarin was still present, as was a drake Shelduck.

The highlight was probably a non avian event. A swarm of honey bees was in the hedge near the hives.


I was too cowardly to get very close.

The first bit of warmth for several days had encouraged quite a few flies out, but the only butterfly i saw was a Large White.

I suspect the blog will drift into insect recording as the Spring turns towards summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment