Tuesday 3 September 2019

Tuesday September 3

After sacrificing the morning in favour of moths, I decided I would get down to the patch this afternoon.

Suffice to say it proved to be a rubbish plan. Heavy cloud put paid to any thoughts of getting my camera out, as did the total absence of any noteworthy birds. I am currently awaiting a replacement tripod, my current one having fallen apart spectacularly two visits ago, and today I found that almost all of the Teal, around 32 birds, were on the furthest flash for which I would have required a tripod.

The nearest flash contained four Green Sandpipers, nine Snipe, and eight Lapwings. The nearest thing to a highlight was an accumulated total of 12 Chiffchaffs, which isn't bad for an afternoon visit.

Its the West Midlands Alldayer on Saturday, so I hope things pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment