Friday 18 February 2022

Friday February 18 - Arrow Valley Lake

 The big storm was a little slow arriving and only did so when I was half way around Arrow Valley Lake. My focus was on gulls, and I counted 204 Black-headed Gulls before 36 Lesser Black-backed Gulls and 10 Herring Gulls glided past. Any other gull species would have done, but none turned up.

Tearing my attention away from gulls the remaining inhabitants were completely predictable: eight Great-crested Grebes, 14 Goosanders, 10 Cormorants, the usual Mallard and Geese, and three Coot. A single Little Egret sheltered under the trees on the main island.

Cormorant
Goldcrest

The river Arrow was in full spate, and a Grey Wagtail just about allowed me close enough for a shot.

Grey Wagtail


I'm now back home contemplating what to do about the fence panel which just blew across the back garden.



No comments:

Post a Comment