Sunday 6 February 2022

Sunday February 6 - Morton Bagot

Our usual Sunday stroll around the patch was achieved in the face of a pretty stiff westerly and one or two showers. These are not ideal conditions for birding here, and we duly saw very little.

But on the plus side the furthest flash did at least contain some birds, specifically 56 Lapwings, at least 29 Teal (they were hard to see properly), and four Wigeon. The #LocalBigYear highlight came when we noticed a Shelduck flying off to the west.

Shelduck making for the exit

I believe this puts me on 84 for the year, which means I'm underperforming as usual. 

Although the rarity of the moment, a female Ring-necked Duck, is firmly outside my Circle, being at Lifford Reservoir in south Birmingham, a Hawfinch has been seen at Tardebigge church which is definitely in the Circle and will be my point of focus next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment