Thursday 27 February 2020

Thursday February 27

A cold morning began with showers and ended mostly sunny with a fresh north-westerly.

A stomp around the patch produced little to warm the cockles. Two Siskins flew over near Netherstead, but after that things seemed pretty quiet. I had a little surge of optimism as I neared the flash field where I could hear gulls calling. Most flew off as I approached but I counted 60 Black-headed Gulls, 37 Lesser Black-backed Gulls, and two Herring Gulls.

Making a sharp exit
Once the gulls had gone I settled down to count the wildfowl, almost all on the furthest flash. There were 37 Teal, a Little Egret, 35 Mallard, and six Lapwings.

Little Egret and Teal
And I'm afraid that was about it. A few Fieldfares and Starlings flew over, and there are still about 40 Linnets in the strip field.

I did have a lifer at Netherstead though.

Indonesian chicken

No comments:

Post a Comment