Friday 4 October 2024

Friday October 4 - Earlswood Lakes again

 This afternoon I found myself visiting Earlswood Lakes again, not on spec this time. Instead I was twitching a pair of Common Pochard. It seems crazy to an oldie like myself that Pochards require a special visit. Back in the day blah blah blah..yes I know, boring! 

Anyway this should have been a quick turn up, see them and leave kind of twitch. If I'd had any sense it would have been, but having not seen them on my initial scan I chose to walk to the causeway in case they'd flipped over to Windmill Pool. They weren't there either, so on my walk back I decided to do what I should have done in the first place and check the other side of the rafts.

And there they were, a smart drake and his dowdy companion.

 

Blogspot is playing up again, but I have managed to post my record shot of the Pochard this time.

I feel that the days of this Blog might be numbered.




No comments:

Post a Comment