Sunday 13 October 2024

Sunday October 13 - Out of action

 Unfortunately I found myself unable to go birding over the weekend. 

Fortunately the birds don't care about that, and migration carried on regardless. I counted 34 Redwings heading west and two Swallows going south early on Saturday morning, so even from the house you can feel a part of it in some small way.

So this post is just a round up of the exploits of others locally. Tony was ringing at Morton Bagot on Friday, and was pleased to catch a Redwing among other birds.

Redwing - Tony Kelly

Dave put in a shift at Morton Bagot this morning, counting 17 Snipe, 52 Teal, two Stonechats and a few Redwings.

Meanwhile the Yellow-browed Warbler continued to frustrate would-be observers at Earlswood, showing well to the fortunate few, and just offering up occasional bursts of calling to the majority. I'm not entirely sure how many have been located in the West Midlands over the last few days, but I've heard of at least six.

I'll just count myself fortunate to have participated in the fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment