Thursday 3 October 2024

Thursday October 3 - Earlswood Lakes

 With the wind still from the east, and after two or three days of drizzle this morning's sunshine encouraged me back into the field. The West Midlands still feels like the poor relation compared to almost every other part of the country.

Where to go? I opted for Earlswood, and began by checking out the scrublands at the end of Windmill Pool. Here I found three Chiffchaffs but nothing more exciting. 

Moving onto the lakes themselves, a couple of hours of reasonably careful birding added nothing better than a couple of Swallows and a trickle of Meadow Pipits heading south.

A Kingfisher posed on one of the rafts, so at least my camera made a brief appearance.


I didn't see any other birders, but evidently they were about because upon returning home I learned of a Stonechat, a Red Kite and some Redwings in various parts of the site.

Maybe I'll be luckier next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment