After a cloudy start, the sun came out and the day warmed up.
My attempts to find unusual birds were again largely unsuccessful, although I did manage a new "latest date for Morton Bagot" when a Sand Martin was picked out from a small flock of House Martins and Swallows which were hawking insects over the field next to the Morton Brook. Although it was quite close at one stage I failed to manage even a record shot. The previous latest was 16 September 2011.
Other birds present which I didn't photograph included 28 Meadow Pipits, six Blackcaps, nine Chiffchaffs, a Grey Wagtail, three Green Sandpipers, and at least six Shovelers.
To be honest I got a bit bogged down examining plants and finding invertebrates. Even then there was nothing new, but I did at least photograph some of them.
| Garden Spider |
| Hairy Shieldbug |
| Small Copper |
Dragonflies on the wing included at least six Willow Emeralds, a Common Darter, and a Migrant Hawker. The last hurrah of summer perhaps.
I'm off for a short break next week, so hopefully I'll have something different to report next time.
No comments:
Post a Comment