I was out early this morning, hoping to intercept the roosting Geese before they headed off. But you have to get up really early to see them, and as I arrived at 06:00 they were already flying away. Slightly less expected was a count of 119 Mallard on the nearest flash. They too started to head away later.
The effort paid off to some degree. A Cetti's Warbler (same one as in spring?) was singing in the usual hedge, 17 Teal, two Shovelers, three Green Sandpipers, at least 10 Snipe and a similar number of Lapwings kept showing in the marshy grassland between the two flashes.
| Shovelers |
I had started at the church for a change, and the walk back through the scrape field was quite productive. A Yellowhammer, several Reed Buntings, a Grey Wagtail, and at least 18 Meadow Pipits flew over. Three Stonechats, a Whinchat, a few Swallows, and a Sand Martin lurked at the north end of the field.
| Swallows |
My new found enthusiasm for plants gave me Wild Carrot, Broad-leaved Dock, Curled Dock, and Soft Rush for my PSL list.
No comments:
Post a Comment